Knowing the debts that exist on a property is the first step that we must take before thinking about making any investment in the sale.
At some point in our life we may have the need to know the current state of our property when applying for a loan or a mortgage, or we are simply going to make a purchase and we want to know that the debts that exist on the property that we interested.
How to know if a house has debts
When we carry out a purchase management or a credit operation on a property, the first step we have to carry out is the consultation of its charges .
A real estate property of any type can have two states, free of charges or with pending charges .
If the property is free of charges, the procedures to be carried out will be faster and easier since you will not have to request any debt certificate from anyone.
But if the property has charges, the management that we will carry out is conditioned to them.
To find out if there are existing debts on a property or if a house is repossessed online, we request the Simple Note to the registry of the property to which it belongs.
The Simple Note is a publicly accessible document that presents us with all the information about the property and its ownership.
In a simple note we will find the following information:
- The nature of the farm (it must be remembered that a farm can be urban, rustic, industrial land)
- The description of the farm, its location, boundaries, surface, rating (if it has any type of official protection)
- The ownership of the property , here it is indicated who is the owner of the property, be it individuals or companies
- The charges , here identify if this property has registered any type of debts, mortgages, liens, taxes.
If you want to know more about it, we have a complete guide on the Simple Registry Note in which we explain in more detail what it is and all the doubts that may arise around it.
Loads that may exist on a property
The most common charges that can exist on a property are usually mortgage annotations. But there may also be annotations on liens, guarantees and credit policies.
Charges identify existing debts that affect the current holder. Below we explain how to know if a flat has loads in a simple and online way.
How to check the charges of a property
In the first place, it locates the registry property to consult its ownership and charges in the Property Registry.
For this we must have evidence of the following data:
- Farm number
- I take
Place of writing where the nature of the property and registry data are identified.
To get the simple note of the property that we want to investigate, we will have to go to the property registry of our city if we do it in person or access the registradores.org page via the web to be able to make the request online.
Consulting the Property Registry
When we have already identified the data of the farm that we want to consult, we can telematically access the registry and consult via the web.
For this we have to select ▶ Online Registration in the Virtual Office and select Simple Note.
Access to the Online Registry to request the Simple Note of a farm.
When we have selected the document that we want to obtain in this case the Simple Note, we will be told what type of access we want to perform.
If we are subscribed users, you will surely already know how to access but for a particular user we will access with a card payment filling in our personal data.
Then we will accept the data protection law and select the option Advertising Property.
The next option that allows us to choose is in relation to the type of information that we are going to request.
- Informative Note (This is the option that we must select)
- Location note
We will have to select in the next option for which data we will have to search, the options will be the following.
- Search by registry data
- Search by unique farm identifier (IDRUF)
- Search by holder
- Search by other data
- Search by geolocation
- In the most common case, the search for registration data or the search for the possible owner are the best options to locate the property.
In this case, as we know the registry data identified in the deed, we will select the Search by registry data.
The map of Spain will appear and we will go to the community where we want to consult.
The next step will be to choose List of municipalities or List of records as we know the record where we want to consult we will select List of records.
From the entire list of existing registries, select the one that we are going to consult, appearing below a file to finally enter the registry data.
Finally, we will see the farm that we want to consult and some fields to enter our card, we will indicate the type of consultation that we want to make in this case it will be a legal economic investigation on credit, solvency or responsibility and that's it.
Finally we will receive in our email a pdf file with the simple note. The data contained in said document will inform you of the ownership of the property owner, as well as the charges, if any, of the same.
As you can see, it is not necessary to go to a lawyer, advisor or specialist in order to obtain information that at the time may be very important to you.
More Legal guides
- Simple registry note | everything you need to know
- How to get loans to cancel liens
- How do I get a loan to pay inheritances | Inheritance Tax
- Usury: what it is, how it is valued and what legal repercussions it has
- How is a loan agreement between individuals
- The Flat Rate for Self-Employed
- Municipal Capital Gains Tax | Who can claim it?
- Rental Default Insurance | How do they work?
- How to do a Bankruptcy Process for Families in Bankruptcy
- How to use Bankruptcy Law to avoid bankruptcy