Twitter has introduced a new feature. Until now we all knew what a hashtag was, a word preceded by the pound sign (#) that allowed us to categorize conversations and follow specific topics that were of interest to us.
Well, now come the Cashtag , by including the dollar symbol ($) in front of the ticker of the action we want to follow, twitter returns financial information about the company.
The ticker is the abbreviation of the security, generally made up of the first three letters or a combination of them.
For example, Telefónica's ticker is TEF, but Facebook's is FB and Apple's is AAPL.
But this new concept is not without controversy as stocktwits already allowed users to search for stocks and discover current trending stocks in the financial sector via Twitter by typing the “$” symbol in front of a word.
More Help guides
- What is a check?
- What is the Land Registry?
- What is a promissory note?
- What is a letter of change?
- Seven steps of a start-up to reach your first customer
- Real estate recovery in 20 provinces
- I need to breathe, can I have a bottle of home equity?
- Ideas and recommendations to start an Internet start-up
- Chapter II of Law 1/2013
- Request a loan from individuals online.